Governor Whitman's Raspberry Chicken
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and halved
- In a blender, place 2 cups of the raspberries, corn syrup and lemon juice. Cover
and blend on high until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch, salt and pepper. Gradually stir
in raspberry mixture until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium
heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Arrange chicken and remaining raspberries in a greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking
dish. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Source: Governor Christine Todd Whitman - New Jersey