Hank Williams Jr.'s Cajun Rice Casserole
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 pound okra, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in skillet and drain. Cool; crumble into small pieces. Set aside for
- Sauté onions in bacon grease until golden. Add garlic salt, onion salt,
okra, tomatoes, Ro*Tel, parsley flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well. Simmer uncovered 1
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve cooked mixture over rice.
- Top with crumbled bacon.