Kiefer Sutherland's Minute Steak
with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound minute steaks, cut into four pieces (500g)
- 1 tablespoon butter (15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (15 mL)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (500 mL)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup beef stock (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup red wine or beef stock (125 mL)
- 1 tablespoon red currant or grape jelly (15 mL)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat; cook steaks for
2 to 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet; reduce heat to medium and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden brown,
about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, stirring to mix well; add beef stock, wine and jelly. Bring
to a boil, stirring constantly until gravy thickens. Return steaks to mushroom gravy
and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through, turning once.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: TV Guide Celebrity Recipes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes