Loretta Lynn's Butternut Chewies
- 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed light
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy in large bowl of electric mixer.
- Beat in sugar,
vanilla extract and Crisco until creamy.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Mix at low speed
- Stir in nuts at low speed (mixture will be stiff). Spread evenly
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.