Loretta Lynn's Crispy Fried Chicken
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry
- 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 3/4 cups water
- Seasoned Flour: Combine and set aside.
- Crispy Batter: Combine all ingredients.
- Heat Crisco to 365 degrees F.
- Moisten chicken pieces. Dip in seasoned flour, then batter, then back in seasoned
- Fry for 15 to 18 minutes or until well browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
Makes 4 servings.