Luci Baines Johnson's Brownies
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Sift salt and flour; set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Put sugar into mixing bowl. Pour 3/4 of the melted butter over the sugar and
- To remainder of butter add chocolate and melt. Add this mixture to the sugar.
- Beat in eggs; add nuts.
- Stir in flour; add vanilla extract.
- Spread into prepared
pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
Makes 20 squares.