Mamie Eisenhower's Sugar (Christmas) Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon cream or milk
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter. Add sugar slowly and beat until fluffy. Stir in well beaten egg
yolks and vanilla extract.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with cream.
for at least 1 hour or even overnight.
- Roll and cut in desired shapes. Sprinkle with colored sugar before baking (or
ice afterwards, when cool).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.