Mary Ann Mobley's Fudge Brownies
This is a favorite recipe of Mary Ann Mobley Collins, Miss Mississippi 1958 and
Miss America 1959.
- 2 cups margarine
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash of salt
- 2 squares unsweetened
- Brownies: Melt margarine and chocolate together over hot water.
- Beat sugar, eggs,
and vanilla extract together. Slowly add melted chocolate and beat until well blended.
- Sift flour and salt together. Mix with nuts and add last.
- Pour into two 9-inch square
greased and floured pans or 1 large pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes
or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Fudge Icing: Mix together and cook slowly until all is melted. Bring to a boil
rapidly 1 to 2 minutes. Beat until creamy and smooth.