Maureen Stapleton's Saltimbocca
- 1 1/2 pounds veal scallops
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Prosciutto or boiled ham
- Wooden picks
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- About 1/2 cup Marsala wine (optional)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Flatten veal by pounding; cut into 5-inch rectangles. Season with salt and pepper,
sprinkle with sage. Top with a slice of prosciutto ham; fasten with wooden pick.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Brown meat, veal side down. Turn to brown on
reverse side. Remove saltimbocca to heated serving platter. Pour off excess fat.
- Add butter to skillet, pour in wine. Cook over low heat until most of the wine evaporates.
- Spoon sauce over meat with rice.