Meg Ryan's Cranberry Almond Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, gradually beat sugar into butter.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in almond extract.
- Stir together cranberry sauce and sour cream.
- In several batches, add dry ingredients
to butter mixture alternately with cranberry sour cream, beating until blended.
Batter will be thick.
- Turn into Bundt pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cake is nicely browned on top and beginning
to pull away from sides of pan.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then run a dull knife around
inside and outer edges of pan to loosen. Unmold onto a wire rack and allow to cool
completely before slicing.