Melania Trump's Star Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until blended. Add egg yolks, egg white and sour
cream. Beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture until dough just comes
- Form into two disks, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 30
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out one disk on liberally floured wax paper with a floured rolling
pin to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2 1/2-inch star cutter, cut out star
shapes and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with second disk.
- Gather up scraps, form into a disk and refrigerate.
- Bake for 10 minutes per batch, until lightly golden.
- Slide cookies onto a cooling rack and cool.
- Reroll chilled scraps, cut out additional stars and bake.
Yield: 4 dozen
Source: Family Circle magazine