Melanie Griffith's Macadamia, Chocolate Chip
and Peanut Butter Mini-Turnovers
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 sheets (one 17 1/4 ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed according to the package directions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish (optional)
- Mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream as an accompaniment
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. If the turnovers are frozen, preheat oven to 475
- In a bowl, stir together the peanut butter, chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
until well combined.
- Work with one sheet of puff pastry at a time. Lightly flour a work surface. Lay
one sheet of puff pastry on the surface and gently roll it out in all directions
to thin it slightly. With a sharp knife, cut the sheet into quarters, then cut each
quarter into quarters, making 16 pieces total.
- Center one teaspoon of filling on each piece of pastry. Fold the pastry on the
diagonal to form a triangle. Press the open edges of the pastry closed. (At this
point the turnovers can be frozen. Arrange in layers, separated by sheets of wax
paper, in a freezer container.) Brush the top of the turnover with the beaten egg
and place on a baking sheet.
- Make more mini-turnovers with the remaining ingredient in the same manner and
brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pastries on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve at once, dusted with confectioners' sugar and garnished with a mint
sprig, with the ice cream.
Makes 32 mini-turnovers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes