Mitt's Favorite Meatloaf Cakes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 slices of bread in small pieces (or 3/4 bread crumbs) or 1/2 to 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Meatloaf Cakes ingredients.
- Form into 6-8 small mounds-the shape of a very small loaf of bread. Put on a
cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix together and then spoon about a 1 1/2 tablespoons
of sauce on each meatloaf cake. Bake for 30 more minutes, then serve with the extra
sauce on the side.
- Perfect with scalloped potatoes and steamed veggies.
From Ann Romney