Mrs. Hubert Humphrey's Dinner-in-a-Dish
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beefr
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
cups whole kernel corn
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Put shortening in skillet; lightly fry green peppers, onion and ground
3 minutes or until partially done. Salt and pepper. Remove from heat; stir in eggs
and mix well.
- Place 1 cup corn in casserole. Top with layer of meat mixture and
layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Repeat until corn, meat mixture and tomatoes are used.
- Cover casserole with crumbs. Dot with bits of butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for
1 hour or until heated thoroughly.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.