Nancy Reagan's Vienna Chocolate Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate bits
- 1 (10 ounce) jar jelly, such as raspberry
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts
- Cream the butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Add egg yolks and salt. Add flour
and knead with fingers.
- Pat batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Spread with jelly and top with chocolate bits.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold in remaining sugar and nuts. Gently spread on top of jelly and
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cut into squares or bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes