Natalie Wood's Eggs Ranchero
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 small serrano or other chile pepper, chopped or
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry tortillas quickly in hot oil; drain on paper towel.
- Keep oil hot; add garlic, marjoram, chopped chili, tomatoes, salt and pepper
to taste. Simmer tomato mixture for a few minutes until flavors are well blended
and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Fry eggs in a small amount of butter in separate pan, or poach in the hot tomato
- To serve, place one egg on each tortilla, cover with sauce.
- Serve at once.
If desired, eggs can be made into an omelet, wrapped with tortillas and topped
with tomato sauce.
Avocado or chorizo are often served with this hearty dish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes