Oprah Winfrey's Unfried Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 3 1/2 cups ice water (875 mL)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (250 mL)
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs (250 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (15 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, thyme, basil, oregano (2 mL)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (0.5 mL)
- Chicken: Remove skin from chicken. Place chicken in large bowl with ice water. Put yogurt
into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Breading: Combine all ingredients in large tight-sealing bag; shake to mix. Remove
two pieces of chicken from ice water. Roll each piece in yogurt. Put chicken into
plastic bag, seal and shake, coating thoroughly. Transfer breaded chicken to oiled
- Repeat until all 12 pieces are breaded. Spray chicken lightly with
- Place baking sheet on bottom shelf of 400 degree F (200 degree C)
oven and bake for 1 hour, turning pieces every 20 minutes for even browning.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes about 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes