Pat Nixon's Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large package noodles, cooked
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 fryers (4 cups chicken, cooked)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon grated onion juice
- Salt to taste (as chicken soup is seasoned)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup grated cheese spread on top with rolled potato chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds bamboo shoots and water chestnuts (if desired for texture)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small jar pimientos
- Cook quantity of noodles desired.
- Cook celery slightly. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, onions, pimento and chicken
- Grease casserole. Put a little of the mixture in bottom of casserole, a layer
of noodles and a layer of chicken, cut into big chunks. Scatter some hard-boiled
eggs. Repeat until casserole is filled having covered each layer with soup mixture.
End with soup mixture on top. Spread grated cheese over top. Sprinkle with sliced
almonds and rolled potato chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes