Patti La Belle's Over-the-Rainbow
Macaroni and Cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the oil, then
the elbow macaroni. Cook until the macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do
not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, the cubed
Velveeta and the eggs. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the buttered
casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and dot with the remaining
1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake until it's bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Sandy (oommpapa), April 24, 2003.
Source: ABC News.com - Good Morning America Recipes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes