Pearl Bailey's Macaroni and Cheese
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- Milk (to cover)
- Salt and pepper
- Run cold water over cooked macaroni. Put in casserole with butter.
- Cut half of
cheese and put on top of macaroni. Pour on condensed milk. Cover with regular milk
till it "swims."
- Add seasonings.
- Cut remaining cheese into large slices
and place on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.