President Ronald Reagan's Corned Beef
Hash in Bell Peppers
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 can corned beef
- 4 bell peppers
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown onions and potatoes in oil. Add tomatoes, corned beef, salt, pepper and enough
warm water to keep from burning. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut off the tops of the
bell peppers. Clean out seeds and remove center core. Parboil in salted water until
tender limp. Drain.
- Fill peppers almost to the top with corned beef mixture.
at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Five minutes before serving, drop a raw egg on top of each pepper. Return to the
oven until egg has set.