Quincy Jones' Thriller Ribs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 rib racks
- 2 teaspoons Spike seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 racks baby back ribs (about 5 pound)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- In a cup, combine Spike and Accent seasonings and black pepper. Sprinkle 1/4
teaspoon seasoning mixture on each side of the rib racks.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, jalapeno peppers, and remaining seasoning
mixture. Rub the garlic mixture on the top and bottom of the ribs. Line a large
roasting pan (17 x 11 1/2 inches) with enough foil to wrap all the ribs. Spread
a layer of onions and bell peppers on top of the foil. Place 2 rib racks, side by
side, on the vegetables. Continue to layer the onions and peppers and the ribs.
- Tightly wrap the marinated ribs in the foil and refrigerate for 2 days.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30
minutes. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Before placing the ribs in the oven, reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F.
Bake the foil-wrapped ribs for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the ribs. Spoon off the fat from the liquid in the pan and discard, reserving
the pan juices. Cut each rack into three sections and serve with the vegetables
and pan juices, plus sides of rice and chopped tomato-and-cucumber salad.
Makes about 8 servings.
Note from Quincy: "There are two secrets to the ribs: marinade and time.
It's a dry marinade, not a sauce. The meat is packed tight with garlic, green
peppers, jalapenos, onions, seasonings. Basically you're mainlining the meat
with all that good stuff. You wrap the marinated ribs in tinfoil and refrigerate
them for two days. Then you cook them for—well, you can cook them for six
hours, but I do it for eight. And the great part is that the meat just falls off
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes