Richard Simmons' Diamond Lemon Bars
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour 150 mL
- 1/3 cup Graham
cracker crumbs 75 mL
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar 15 mL
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 cup
granulated sugar 250 mL
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 25 mL
- 2 teaspoons
grated lemon zest 10 mL
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons) 125 mL
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Line the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch (2 L) baking pan with foil, extending it beyond
two sides; lightly grease foil.
- Crust: In bowl, combine flour, crumbs, sugar and margarine. Press evenly into
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 13 minutes, or until lightly colored.
- Topping: With electric mixer combine topping ingredients at high speed about
1 minute. Pour over hot crust.
- Return to oven and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Loosen edges and lift square out of pan by the foil
to cutting board. Cut into diamond shapes.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Per bar: 100 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g fat, 19 g carbohydrate