Robert Redford's Terrific Green Olive Salad
- 9 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn up
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 scant teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed olives
- Plunge artichoke hearts in boiling water; remove pan from heat and let stand
only 2 minutes. Drain and chill.
- Combine artichoke hearts, romaine, bean sprouts and olives.
- In small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, wine vinegar, dill,
parsley, sugar, salt, mustard and pepper. Shake well to combine.
- Just before serving, pour over salad and toss until well coated.
- Serve with barbecued steak or grilled rainbow trout.
Serves 6 to 8.