Roberta Peters' Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 9 1/4 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate candy bars (six 1.55 ounce, bars), broken up, or 1 rounded cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with foil. Grease
- In bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolk and mix well. Add
flour and stir until mixed.
- Spread dough in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until
- Remove from oven and immediately top with chocolate. When chocolate has melted,
spread with spatula. Top with pecans.
- Cool slightly, then cut on the diagonal into diamond shapes. When completely
Makes several dozen pieces, depending on size.
Source: The Jewish Celebrity Cookbook