Rock Hudson's Chicken Casserole
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen petite peas, lightly cooked
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sweet butter, softened
- Melt half the butter in skillet; gradually stir in flour. Cook over low heat,
stirring. Gradually stir in chicken broth, milk, paprika, salt and pepper; cook
over low heat about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Sauté mushrooms lightly in remaining butter in a separate skillet. Add to cream
sauce with chicken, drained peas, noodles and sherry.
- Place in well-greased casserole dish; top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated 350 degree F oven.
- Serve at once, alone, or with tossed green or wilted lettuce salad.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes