Rosalyn Carter's Chicken Supreme
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large half chicken breasts, boned, or 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Beat egg with milk in a pie plate. Mix bread crumbs and seasonings in another
dish. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs. Coat generously.
Brown slowly in melted butter, one part at a time, in a large skillet. Place browned
pieces in a large baking dish or casserole dish.
- Stir flour into drippings in the pan in which chicken was browned, then stir
in chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils (about
one minute). Stir in brandy and wine. Add mushrooms. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes