Rosalyn Carter's Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a tube pan with wax paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each. Add vanilla extract. Beat in peanut butter slowly.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture, a little at
a time, until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F, and bake until cake tests done, 15 to 20 minutes
- Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped peanuts on cake towards the end of baking while
batter is still soft to give it a crunchy topping.
Makes 1 tube cake.