Rosalyn Carter's Plains Cheese Ring
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 twists freshly-ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
- Whole-grain crackers
or Melba toast
- Combine cheese with mayonnaise, chopped nuts and onions. Mix in black pepper
and cayenne, and blend thoroughly. Press into 3-cup ring mold.
- Refrigerate for at
least 2 hours.
- To serve, dip mold into a pan of hot water for 15 to 20 seconds before turning
out onto a serving platter.
- Fill center with strawberry preserves and serve at once
with whole-grain crackers or Melba toast.
Serves 6 to 8.