Rosalyn Carter's Strawberry Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, or 1 pint fresh berries sprinkled with 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch angel food or Bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, gelatin, oil, nuts, eggs, flour and strawberries in large bowl.
Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on rack.
- Turn out and cool completely.
- Serve plain or with lightly sweetened whipped cream.