Senator John Breaux's
Cajun Deep Fried Turkey
- 4 ounces liquid garlic
- 4 ounces liquid onion
- 4 ounces liquid celery
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco
- 1 ounce liquid crab boil or 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 poultry or meat injector
- 1 defrosted 10- to 12-pound turkey
- 5 gallons peanut oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sauté first seven ingredients until salt and pepper are dissolved. Fill the injector
and inject turkey at breast, wings, drumsticks, thighs and back. Allow to marinate
24 hours in refrigerator or ice chest.
- Use a 10-gallon pot for frying. Bring peanut oil to 350 degrees F and fry turkey
for 38 to 42 minutes. Turkey should float to surface after 35 minutes and you should
cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
You may want to tie turkey legs with 1/2-inch cotton ropes to be able to remove from frying pot when done.
The cooking of fried turkey should be done outdoors. Extreme caution should be
taken when placing cold turkey in hot oil.
Source: The Honorable John Breaux United States Senator, Louisiana
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes