Suzanne Sommers' Beef Stroganoff
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) beef tenderloin (1.25 lg)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (15 mL)
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced (625 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups dill pickles, julienned (375 mL)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice (25 mL)
- 2 cups heavy cream (500 mL)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (25 mL)
- Sautéed Spinach with Garlic and Olive Oil (25 mL)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim any silver skin on the tenderloin, then cut across the width into 1 inch
(3 cm) slices. Slightly flatten the slices by pressing with the palm of your hand.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat, add butter and melt. Sauté the mushrooms
with salt and pepper until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the pickles and juice and
cook until the juice evaporates slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the cream and cook
until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, season the meat with a little salt and pepper (remember, the sauce
will be salty from the pickles). In another larger skillet add the oil, and heat
on high until it starts smoking. Sear the meat briefly, 2 minutes per side for medium
- To serve: Place the sautéed spinach (click here for recipe) on plates, top with
beef, then ladle the warm sauce over the top.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 615 calories, 40.5 g protein, 48 g fat, 5 g carbohydrate
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes