Tennessee Ernie Ford's Pea-Picking Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow or white cake mix
- 1/2 cup
(1 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, save juice
for cake mix
- 1 (12 or 13 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 small or medium can crushed pineapple, save juice to pour over
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla or coconut pudding (do not
make pudding according to package directions)
- Cake: Combine cake ingredients and bake in greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan
at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Test cake doneness with wooden pick.
- Cool cake before frosting.
- Frosting: Combine ingredients: dry pudding, Cool Whip and crushed pineapple.
- Before frosting cake, pour pineapple juice over cooled cake.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.