Tipper Gore's Ginger Snaps
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1
- Gradually beat in sugar; continue to beat on medium speed until combined,
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in molasses and vinegar until
combined, 1 minute.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- For each cookie, roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; place 2 inches apart
on ungreased baking sheet. With fork, flatten each and make cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes, until slightly browned around edges.
- Remove cookies.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes