Trisha Yearwood's French Coconut Pie
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated coconut fresh or frozen
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish unbaked pie shell
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the sugar and flour with the melted butter.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the buttermilk
and vanilla extract and mix again. Stir in the coconut.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until
lightly browned and the center of the pie does not jiggle when lightly shaken. A
wooden pick inserted in the middle of the pie should come out moist but not covered
with custard. The coconut will rise to form a top crust during baking.
- Set the pie
in the pan on a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes