Waylon Jennings' Leather and Lace
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cajun-style seasoning
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 purple onion, sliced diagonally
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 x 1 1/4-inch matchstick-size pieces
- 2 (6.2 ounce) boxes long grain and wild rice (5-minute cooking recipe)
- 1 cup low-fat honey mustard dressing
- Fresh ground pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Baste chicken breasts in olive oil and sprinkle generously with Cajun-style seasoning.
Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
- To make the salad, discard outer leaves of lettuce and chop up or tear into bite-size
pieces. To this, add green onions, purple onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- Grill the chicken until done and slice in long thin strips, approximately 1/4-inch
thick. Cook the rice according to package directions, but omit the butter.
- To assemble the salad, put the greens in a big circle on the plate, leaving a
little hole in the center. In the center hole, place 1 cup of rice. Divide the chicken
evenly and place on top of the salad greens. Spoon the honey mustard dressing over
the entire salad and rice.
- Grind fresh pepper over the top and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Twenty-Five Years with Waylon and Still Cooking
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes