Willard Scott's Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 pound plus 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Milk to thin
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: Let eggs and butter warm to room temperature. Cream together, adding eggs one
at a time, creaming after each. Add brown sugar.
- Sift together baking powder and flour. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to sugar mixture.
- Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Frosting: Toast pecans in butter until brown. Put in mixer bowl. Add confectioners'
sugar; mix well. Add milk enough to thin to spreading consistency. Spread on top
of cake. Some should "drip" down sides and center but should not be spread
except on the top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes