William Shatner's Banana Nut Bread
- 2/3 cup honey (150 mL)
- 1/2 cup butter (125 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (7 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups whole
wheat flour (425 mL)
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (50 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 mL)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (75 mL)
- Cream together honey, butter, eggs and yogurt. Mash bananas well with fork; stir
in baking soda and set aside.
- Mix together flour, bran, salt and remaining mixture. Add bananas; mix thoroughly.
Stir in nuts.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F
(180 degree C) oven for 1 hour or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Makes 1 loaf.