Challah French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half-and-half or milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 tablespoons clarified butter
- 8 slices Challah, cut 1-inch thick
- Beat the eggs together with cream, half-and-half, or milk.
- Beat in cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Dip the challah slices, one at a time,
into the egg mixture, making sure that each slice is well coated. The challah should
absorb a little of the egg mixture but not enough to get soggy.
- Fry each battered challah slice for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they are
golden brown. Don't fry too fast or the inside will be wet and gooey.
- Serve with your favorite jam, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, sugar, or plain.
Heavy cream is the best liquid to use in this recipe.