Chanukah Candle Salad
- 2 bananas
- 4 slices canned pineapple
- 4 orange gumdrops
- 4 strips green bell pepper
- Asparagus tips
- French dressing
- Cut bananas in half and remove tips. Stand upright in pineapple centers. Top
with gumdrop to represent flame.
- Pour a little mayo. from tip of each candle to represent melted wax.
- Arrange strip of pepper for handle, making a loop fastened into pineapple at
base of candle.
- Variation #1: Cut red apples in half without paring and remove cores.
- Set a half banana into center to represent candle, top with gumdrop and pour
mayonnaise down side of candle.
- Variation #2: Use canned asparagus tips for candles.
- Arrange flat on a flattened lettuce leaf or finely shredded lettuce. Make tips
of carrot to represent flame, garnish with water cress, olives, radishes, and parsley.
- Serve with French dressing.
- Serve individually or arrange on a long platter.
Yield: 4 servings