Gelt means "money" in Yiddish. Another meaning is "gold."
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 18 large apricot halves
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, broken into bits, or chocolate chips
- In small microwave-safe dish, melt chocolate on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes,
stopping cooking every 30 seconds to stir. Do not overcook or chocolate will burn.
- Alternatively, melt chocolate in double boiler over very low heat until just
liquid, being careful not to overcook.
- Dip apricots in chocolate, covering approximately half the apricot.
- Place dipped apricots on cookie sheet covered with wax paper; chill in refrigerator
until chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Vegetarian Times, December 1996
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chanukah Recipes