- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- Place all the ingredients except oil together in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet. Using a large spoon, drop the batter into hot
oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Continue until batter
is used up, adding oil when necessary.
- The latkes may be served topped with sour cream, applesauce or maple syrup.
Source: Spice and Spirit, The Complete Kosher Cookbook