Goat Cheese Pancakes
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, ground or chopped needles
- 32 (slightly more than 1 cup) Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Olive oil for frying
- Apple mint jelly, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, flour, cheese and rosemary until smooth. Add olives
and gently stir. Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Cover bottom of two large skillets with oil and heat over medium heat.
- Fill a small ladle (3-tablespoon size) with batter and pour into oil. Fry for
2 to 3 minutes. Turn when pancake is golden brown and repeat.
- Warm first batches in oven until last one is ready.
- Serve immediately accompanied by apple mint jelly.
Yield: 16 (4-inch diameter) pancakes