Mashed Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons shortening for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in mashed
potatoes and onion until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and stir lightly into potato
mixture. Stir in corn syrup and nutmeg, mixing well.
- Heat a large griddle to medium-high heat. Coat with shortening and spoon potato
mixture onto griddle in 12 equal portions. Fry until brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 12 pancakes
Nutrition per serving (6 servings): Calories 326, Protein 9 grams, Total
Fat 7 grams, Sodium 566 milligrams, Cholesterol 74 milligrams, Carbohydrates 56
grams, Fiber 2 grams
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chanukah Recipes