Potato and Walnut Fritters
- 2 boiling potatoes (about 9 ounces total)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 to 6 cups vegetable oil, for deep frying
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and add salt. Bring to a boil,
cover, and simmer about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain, peel, and mash. Mix with
eggs and walnuts and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil for deep frying to 360 degrees F; if a deep-fat thermometer is not available,
test by adding a small piece of potato mixture to oil - it should bubble energetically.
Take a round teaspoonful of potato mixture. Dip another teaspoon into hot oil and
use it to push mixture off other spoon into oil. Do not push it from high up or
oil will splash. Continue make more fritters from remaining mixture but do not crowd
them in oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels. Keep warm by placing in a 300 degree
F oven with door ajar while frying rest.
- Serve hot.
Yield: about 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chanukah Recipes