Precipizi (Italian Chanukah Confection)
for each egg use
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liqueur of your choice
- Extra olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together (except the honey and extra olive oil) until
you have a smooth pastry. Form little balls, each the size of a walnut.
- Heat the oil and fry the pastry balls until golden brown. Remove and drain well
on paper towels.
- Prepare an oiled, heat-resistant working surface. In a saucepan, heat enough
honey to coat the balls. Put the fried balls into the hot honey and stir carefully
until all the balls are covered. Then pour the whole mass onto the oiled surface.
Spread the mass so that the balls are tight against each other and they are not
on top of each other.
- With an oiled knife, cut into sticks about 30-mm wide and 60 to 80mm long. As
you cut, transfer each stick onto another oiled surface, leaving space between the
sticks so that they do not stick to each other, and leave until the sticks are cold
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.