Sweet Potato Latkes (Sweet)
Sweet potato latkes seasoned with cloves and cinnamon.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Place potatoes in a colander. Place a cheesecloth over the potatoes and squeeze
the potatoes to release as much liquid as possible. Let the potatoes sit to release
more liquid, squeeze again.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon; mix well.
- Form mixture into pancake size cakes and fry in a large frying pan in hot oil.
Flip cakes over after 2 to 3 minutes (when bottom is browned) and brown other side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve piping hot.
Yield: 8 to 12 latkes
Nutrition per serving (6 servings): Calories 173, Protein 3 grams, Total
Fat 11 grams, Sodium 29 milligrams, Cholesterol 71 milligrams, Carbohydrates 16
grams, Fiber 2 grams