Sweet Potato Latkes (Savory)
- 4 (packed) cups coarsely grated sweet potatoes (about 2
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (omit some or all of the
yolks if desired)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- In a heavy skillet, heat about 1/4-inch of oil until a small fleck of batter
sizzles on contact.
- Using a tablespoon, form thin pancakes, flattening the batter once it's in
the pan. Fry on both sides until brown, adding additional oil if necessary.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to heated oven until serving time.
- Serve hot, with applesauce and/or sour cream.