Sweet Potato Tzimmes
- 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks and cooked
- 4 large carrots, peeled, cut into chunks and cooked
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Orange juice, optional
- 2 or 3 apples, peeled and sliced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mash sweet potatoes and carrots. Mix in the prunes. Add cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
Combine honey and margarine.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Alternate layers of mashed seasoned vegetables
and apples, dribbling honey (and juice) mixture over each layer. End with vegetable
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
Yield: at least 8 servings
These freeze well.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chanukah Recipes