Make up two batches of latkes - one using zucchini and the other carrots - to
ensure a colorful platter and enough for your entire family.
- 2 medium zucchini (6 ounces) or 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking oil
- Place zucchini or carrots in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water until
very tender (about 8 minutes for zucchini and about 15 minutes for carrots). Drain;
mash with a potato masher.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl; stir in mashed zucchini or carrots, matzo meal, salt
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the vegetable mixture,
a rounded tablespoon at a time, spreading each mound into a 2 1/2-inch circle. Cook
about 4 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Keep cooked latkes warm in the oven while frying the next batch.
Yield: 10 latkes, 5 side-dish servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Chanukah Recipes